Re: Prevent new line when using edit-command-line

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 11:18 PM Muhmud Ahmad
<muhmud.ahmad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there anyway to stop this behaviour, and just have my command on the same line where I started the editor?

I'm not able to reproduce this at the PS1 prompt, that is, for me the
buffer is restored at the current prompt.  At the PS2 prompt, starting
a new PS1 prompt is unavoidable because the existing ZLE "session" has
to be restarted in order to merge the previously-entered lines
($PREBUFFER) with the current line ($BUFFER).