Re: Zsh Rosetta Stone / ExplainShell equivalent

On 24/11/2021 02:58, Zach Riggle wrote:
Has anybody written a "zsh wtf" style tool where a complex _expression_ is annotated, similar to "explainshell.com"?

The more I learn about Zsh, the more obscure and hard-to-read my code is.

$ command date
Tue Nov 23 20:17:53 CST 2021

$ ls -la *(.Dmm-3)
-rw-r--r-- 1 zachriggle staff 0 Nov 23 20:17 file_10
-rw-r--r-- 1 zachriggle staff 0 Nov 23 20:15 file_8
-rw-r--r-- 1 zachriggle staff 0 Nov 23 20:16 file_9

Zach I recovered the following page from the old zsh Wiki website from the wayback machine

http://zzapper.co.uk/charindex.html

I always found it useful for decoding zsh syntax

Along with

http://www.bash2zsh.com/zsh_refcard/refcard.pdf

zzapper