Using history / fc for case-insensitive pattern matching

I've written a neat little tool that wraps "fc" / "history" to make
everything look neat and easily documentable for later reference /
incident response.

    $ command echo 'Hello, zsh-users!'
    Hello, zsh-users!

    $ hgrep zsh-u
    # [2021-12-18 06:13]
    git clone https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh.git

    # [2022-02-21 11:39]
    command echo 'Hello, zsh-users!'

The down-side of this is that it appears "fc ... -m expression" is
case-sensitive.  I expect that Zsh has excellent documentation on the
patterns and how to make them case-insensitive but I haven't managed
to find it yet.  Most of what I've found seems to correspond to file
globbing, which isn't what I'm trying to do here.

Any tips?

Zach Riggle