Re: completing ~-

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 9:39 AM zzapper <zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But it would be cute sometimes? for the tab to replace the ~-2/ with the
> actual '/home/david/Pictures/'

I use this:

  my-expand() zle _expand_alias || zle .expand-word || :

  bindkey '^ ' my-expand

This allows me to expand stuff like ~2 and **/*.orig with Ctrl-Space.
I often use it to expand globs to verify them and then undo the
expansion with Ctrl-/ before executing the command. Undo is there so
that my history contains the unexpanded glob in case I want to reuse
it in the future.

Roman.