Re: Trying to learn ... RCS and GLOBAL_RCS

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 6:53 AM Perry Smith <pedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yet when I do “unsetopt” at the very top of my /etc/zshenv file, it says:
>
> > noglobalrcs
> > norcs

Double negative.  "unsetopt" shows the options that are not set, so
"not no globalrcs" == "globalrcs".  In another bit of oddness that's
probably gone unnoticed for 30 years, "setopt" shows you the options
that are not the same as the defaults, and "unsetopt" shows you the
options that are the same as the defaults.  (Unless the kshoptionprint
option is set, in which case both show you everything.)