Re: Parallel processing

On 2022-03-27 12:06, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 11:37 AM jdh <dhenman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So that beginners do not get the wrong idea I wish to make clear that Unix based systems are not designed to, and can not do parallel processing.
If you're going to bring this up, would you please clarify further?
The Linux kernel has supported symmetric multiprocessing since 1996.

Yes.  My understanding is only at the casual level, but I've taken it that multi-core CPUs are specifically designed to facilitate multiprocessing and that Linux/Unix were and are way ahead of Windows in taking advantage of that and have been for a whole long time.  Which is why M$'s own servers run Linux.