Re: cd /u/N/v/ tab expansion

What's odd about it?  The behavior should be that the unambiguous part
at the left is completed, and then the cursor stops at the first
ambiguous point.  For example, if I do:

% ls /u/l/b<TAB>

I get, with cursor after the "l" (over the third "/"):

% ls /usr/l/b

If I hit TAB again:

% ls /usr/l/b
libexec/  local/

When does this fail for you?

Q1) where is the doc for this?
Under the entry for _path_files.

Has something in my setup overloaded this?
No way for us to tell.  Have you tried using the ctrl+x question-mark
binding to get a completion traceback?

Thanks Bart, I will try and be more precise my 'oddly' and report back to this thread.

One issue I had was that it was only offering me two of the possible 6 sub-directories

zzapper