Re: I can't explain the following

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 8:22 AM Jim <linux.tech.guy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Now, why it's running lesspipe with "/bin/zsh -c" instead of with
>> /bin/sh or at least "/bin/zsh -fc" I don't know.
>
> I wonder if the folks maintaining less would even consider this an issue?

That execve() is pretty obviously coming from system().  Try writing a
little C program that calls system() and strace that, maybe the
library is supplying the "/bin/zsh -c" part because lesspipe is a
script (which is also undocumented and potentially wrong, since the
script does have a #! line).

> At least I know what is going on, and what I shouldn't do in .zshenv since I doubt I
> will stop using less.

You could stop setting LESSOPEN.  I long ago decided the "convenience"
of having gzip files etc. automatically unpacked was not worth the
other side-effects.