Re: problem with multi-byte character on command line (zsh v 5.8)

> I have tried en_US.utf8 and it_IT.utf8, can you share yours?
sorry, should have been:

For the locale I have tried en_US.utf8 and it_IT.utf8, can you share yours?

Pier Paolo Grassi

Il giorno mer 18 mag 2022 alle ore 22:10 Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
Just tried an ubuntu 18.04 with zsh 5.4.2 (x86_64-ubuntu-linux-gnu)
and I am able to reproduce.
I tried also with gnome-terminal, same result.
I have tried en_US.utf8 and it_IT.utf8, can you share yours?
thanks

Pier Paolo Grassi

Il giorno mer 18 mag 2022 alle ore 21:55 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use zsh 5.8 (x86_64-pc-linux-musl)

Ahh.  I wonder if this is a side-effect of musl's "special" C locale
(see workers/50235):

>> Starting with version 1.1.11, musl provides a special C locale where bytes
>> 0x80-0xff are treated as abstract single-byte-character units with no actual
>> character identity (they’re mapped into wchar_t values that occupy the
>> Unicode surrogates range).

> By the way the problem happens only when the cursor is placed before the 4-bytes character.

Still not reproducible on Ubuntu 20.