Re: problem with multi-byte character on command line (zsh v 5.8)

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 7:31 PM Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, I have just found than having this character on command line:
> $'\xf0\x9f\x8d\xbe' (that would be a 🍾)
> makes the cursor unable to advance when inserting characters

Can you try running `cat`, pasting 🍾 and then typing something after
it? Does this also cause cursor issues for you?

Roman.

P.S.

I cannot reproduce the issue you've described on Ubuntu 21.10 with zsh
5.8, LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 and xterm or gnome-terminal.