Re: What is the _services array?

Peter Stephenson wrote on Fri, 27 May 2022 09:52 +00:00:
>> On 27 May 2022 at 10:09 Zach Riggle <zachriggle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I recently found the _services array by playing around with "typeset -H"
>> and there's some neat stuff in here, I'm just not sure what it's for or how
>> to make use of it.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> This is the backend DB for the feature described in the zshcompsys manual
> in the paragraph that starts
>
> "Each  name may also be of the form `cmd=service'.  "
>
> You should be able to be configure it by the means noted there.

It's not documented, though, which means it's liable to change
incompatibly without notice.  If that's not the case, then we should
document that function :)

That also goes for ${_comps}, which maps command word basenames to their
completion functions (e.g., [[ ${_comps[svn]} == _subversion ]]).

Cheers,

Daniel