Re: prevent some lines directly coming from the history from being executed

On 2022-05-27 12:40:32 +0000, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Peter Stephenson wrote on Thu, 26 May 2022 16:13 +00:00:
> >> but, yes, it should be mentioned in the zle documentation too, not only
> >> in the compsys documentation.
> >>
> >> Anyone volunteering to write the patch?
> >
> > zle.yo contains the following.  We don't have the actual names for
> > all the widgets, which makes them hard to search for, but the actual
> > rule is very simple once you know it.  So while this isn't ideal I'm
> > not sure what we'd want to change.

This is in Section "ZLE WIDGETS". But since this is specific to
the standard widgets, shouldn't this be also at the beginning of
Section "STANDARD WIDGETS"?

> > Should we put some examples here of the cases you're most likely
> > to use, in particular .accept-line?

This would be interesting for users who wish to control the line
before it is accepted.

> Thanks.
>
> I expected there'd be an instance of «tt(.)var(widget)», and that's what
> I initially grepped for.
>
> Vincent, what did you search the man pages for?

I had searched for " \.[a-z]". I wasn't expecting quotes (it seems
that most often, quotes are not used for single words).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>