Re: Why is path not a -aUT type?

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 4:16 AM Zach Riggle <zachriggle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any reason that, by default, we do not
>
> typeset -aUT PATH path

The main one is that PATH is imported from the environment and it's
messy to immediately mung it and push it back there before we've even
finished the rest of pre-RC-file shell initialization.  Further, it's
not up to us to decide how that value should be passed through to
child processes when zsh is used as a launcher by/for some other
application.

Not directly relevant to your intent, but "typeset -T XX xx" implies
that xx is an array, the -a option is not needed (and as Andreas
points out, wrong for XX).