Weird history behavior

Hi,

After installing xmonad on an Arch Linux system, my zsh history has begun to misbehave. HISTFILE is read from .zshenv after logging into the console, but once I start xmonad and a terminal, HISTFILE is empty. The other environment variables from .zshenv have their expected values.

I should note that I don't know whether switching from LightDM/XFCE to
xmonad has anything to do with this issue. I mention it only because of
the timing.

Here is a link to my .zshenv: https://git.theadamcooper.com/adam/dotfiles/src/branch/master/arch/zsh/.zshenv

Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks!

-- Adam Cooper