Re: How to see history 'expression' in history rather than the expansion?

> On 13 June 2022 at 11:33 Pier Paolo Grassi <pierpaolog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il giorno dom 12 giu 2022 alle ore 18:17 Bart Schaefer <
> schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> > My only further advice would be that ctrl-h may be a somewhat
> > dangerous binding for this, as you may find yourself in a situation
> > where backspace and/or delete keys send ctrl-h
>
> Hi Bart, can you elaborate on this? when/why does this happen? I also have
> that binding and never caused problems to me (or maybe it did and I didn't
> realize/correlated), but of course I prefer to err on the cautious side.

Further detail really depends on the terminal(s) you're using.  If you're
happy that all the ones you ever use behave the way you're expecting, you're
probably OK.  But it's very easy to find yourself tweaking something or other
for the first time and finding yourself dumped into an usual terminal or mode

Basically just fear, uncertainty and doubt.

pws