Re: Overriding "builtin"

On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 12:33 PM Zach Riggle <zachriggle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would be nice if we could add a feature such that the "builtin" identifier cannot be overloaded.

This isn't really feasible, given that we have e.g. "disable builtin"
and "alias builtin=...".

That does point out that another approach to bypassing the function is
 disable -f builtin
which is pretty nice in that it leaves the function defined but
inaccessible.  Of course one can still "disable disable" as well.

I can't imagine why anyone would do this, but of course

disable -rm \*
disable -m \*

leaves the shell able to only to execute pipelines built from external
commands.  Preceded with a few "alias -g" of separators, you end up
limited to simple external commands.