Re: Substitute the last match of a pattern during parameters expansion.

On 2022-09-14 11:56, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 8:20 PM Michele Venturi <dardo82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Plus you seem quite good at non trivial tasks if you can
write that monstrousity... Do you know instead what IS trivial? Counting, to know how many matches there are.
Definitely keep using that approach, and see how much help it gets you
in future.
Really.  I might bitch about some aspect of the shell but I'm not going to whine about the prompt, knowledgeable and unfailing help I get here, that's for sure.