Re: preserving single quotes

On 2022-09-28 11:49, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
There seems to be some confusion as to the role of quotes there.

Thanks for that.  Very easy for subtle misunderstandings to creep in.  Yes, I am/was thinking of the single quotes as 'part of aptitude' if you get  me.  Important to understand that they remain zsh's way of grouping the words into three logical arguments.  That thought would never have occurred to me. Actually even as I type this, clouds are parting.  That also explains why the array syntax obviates the single quotes -- the fact of the array already groups the words into three entities.  The hard thing is that all this grouping /splitting is invisible.  It's very astute of you to catch that I'm getting the invisible stuff wrong.  And such clarity of explanation!