Re: Bug: Losing .zsh_history

On 10/5/22 15:55, Dominik Vogt wrote:
Due to some hardware problem with the display adapter my box
sometimes fails to show anything on the screen but just emits some
error beeps while it boots.  Since I cannot log in and stop the
machine without the screen, I can only switch off the power.

It has now happened twice that in the wake of the hard switch-off,
~/.zsh_history got completely erased, replaced with all null
characters, but keeping its size (or at least nor being truncated
to zero size).

Is it actually erased or the last line is full of null bytes?