Re: Bug: Losing .zsh_history

On Wed, Oct 05, 2022 at 08:55:26PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Due to some hardware problem with the display adapter my box
> sometimes fails to show anything on the screen but just emits some
> error beeps while it boots.  Since I cannot log in and stop the
> machine without the screen, I can only switch off the power.

> using ext 4 without journal, running

P.S.:  With the "discard" option on an SSD:

-- ext4 manpage --
       discard/nodiscard
              Controls whether ext4 should issue discard/TRIM commands to  the
              underlying  block  device when blocks are freed.  This is useful
              for SSD devices and sparse/thinly-provisioned LUNs,  but  it  is
              off by default until sufficient testing has been done.
--

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--