Re: var=$( typeset "$1" ) ... not within a function.

On 2022-10-21 11:25, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 10:33 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
... typeset politely links the two variables, but printenv is less
intelligent.
Lower-case cdpath is not an environment variable, so printenv would
have no reason to print it.

Sorry within sorry:  yes of course, even with 'path/PATH' one is exported the other is not,  I assumed that since they were tied together they must have the same scope.  The only difference that I was zoomed in on was the absence of the '-a' in the one case -- but there's the other difference as well.  Easy to lose the scent!