Re: [[ 'abcde' =~ (#i)Bcd ]]

On 2022-11-07 14:15, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
Glob qualifiers only work with globs.
Regular expression matching is done using an external library (either
PCRE or the host regex library).  These libraries can hardly be
expected to understand zsh glob qualifiers.

Ah!  So that's not even zsh's native opinion on the subject. There is a forgivable confusion there since filename globbing and pattern matching look so similar.    I often wonder when and where zsh relies on other libraries and programs.  This is a very good example of that sort of thing.  It short circuits any whining I might be tempted to do since it's not even zsh code.  Thanks, this is the sort of deep answer that parts many clouds.  I need to look to regex syntax for any answers I might want.