Re: [[ 'abcde' =~ (#i)Bcd ]]

On 2022-11-08 06:37, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:

Can you give an example of a use case where you are using a regex and
cannot use a pattern instead? None of the examples you already listed
would qualify.

Let me chew over what I've learned just yesterday and today and see how it shakes out then backatcha.  It's huge just conceptualizing the difference.  As I said, I've tended to think of globbing and regex and pattern matching as more or less the same thing.  :(