Re: [[ 'abcde' =~ (#i)Bcd ]]

On 2022-11-08 09:40, Phil Pennock wrote:

Using `setopt pcre_match` will switch =~ from bash-compatible to using
PCRE, Perl Compatible Regular Expressions, so much closer to the
original =~.

So complicated!  Not just zsh as she is, but all that history and the variations on the theme.  I've always wondered what PCRE is, now I know.  Being even vaguely informed about all this stuff is useful tho it puts all issues in their cultural context.  Thinks might not be as clean and clear as one might wish.