Re: uninvited members of associative array

Ray Andrews wrote on Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:13 +00:00:
> ... this is exactly the sort of thing I was talking to Lawrence about --
> not really a hard error, just some printout issue.  I'll pursue that.  I
> (think I) understand that AAs are very fragile creatures and as you
> demonstrate, easily confused.  I'll bag it.

I think the better takeaway here is that the "default" (barest) syntax
isn't always the right one.  There's any number of examples of this:

- Variable expansions, «${foo}».  Scalars need to be quoted; arrays need
  to be quoted and @'d; assocs need to be quoted, @'d, and (kv)'d.  The
  actual meaning of unquoted «${foo}» — expand to all non-null values —
  isn't commonly needed.