Re: path PATH

On 2023-01-21 07:25, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
PATH isn't special. Here:

I understand.  One could create other variables that show as 'export -T ...' but this is not actually done in the raw shell, so PATH is unique even if not 'special' as you use the word.  However it is 'special' in that 'typeset -p PATH' does not show it's accurate value.  I suspect that, as Lawrence said, it's because PATH is an internally created modification of path, it's a scalar created from an array.  So FOO is all fine, but PATH has a certain specialness -- no other tied parameter has one 'version' different from the other.  This might be unfixable in as much as 'typeset -p' displays information via a sort of re-creation (as Bart explained a few months ago) -- which seems very strange to me but what do I know?  IOW typeset *itself* might not even 'know' that PATH != path, all it knows is that the two are tied and that PATH points to path.  It does not know that PATH is then modified. Stalemate.  It bugs me but thereyago.