Re: (j.|.)

On 2023-01-31 08:41, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
Try it with more than one argument to see the difference.

Frustrating, Bart's version is necessary alright, but I can't dismantle it so as to see what's going on.  At no point is a vertical bar visible, it hasta be an operator of some kind, yes? An alternation?  Even 'set -x' is no help at all it shows the completed adjusted '@' with no indication of how it's put together.  How can I see how that works?