Re: Looking for a pointer on what to search for to find information on command expansion / substitution.

On 2/27/23 1:27 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
This is exactly the same message you posted two days ago.  Did you
resend it erroneously?

I didn't /personally/ re-send it. But -- as Roman indicated -- it seems as if there was some sort of yet unexplained email communications error that caused the message to be duplicated - now triplicated.

I've never seen this type of failure before.

There seems to have been a transient routing problem that was causing havoc.

My mail server doesn't think that the message was successfully delivered until just a little bit ago. It's been trying to communicate with mail.zsh.org for days but couldn't because of routing problems.

Did you see Roman's reply to the original?

Yes I did.

As evident by my reply to Roman thanking him.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die