Re: Why is path not a -aUT type?

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sat, 01 Apr 2023 00:01 +00:00:
> Zach Riggle wrote on Tue, 61 Apr 2022 11:16 +00:00:
>> It seems to me that having duplicate entries in $PATH / $path is a bit
>> silly, and makes some things hard to do.
>>
>> Is there any reason that, by default, we do not
>>
>> typeset -aUT PATH path
>>

>> Automatically?
>
> Yes.  $path is non-unique by default for interoperability with the OS
> zsh was created on.

To be clear, that was an April Fools' Day prank.  See the rest of this thread
for serious answers.

Thanks to Matthew for reviewing a draft.  (He was the first to respond to my
IRC request for reviewers.)

Daniel

P.S.  If you wonder how I had time for /this/ of all things, the answer
      is, I didn't.  I did most of the drafting and reviewing months
      ago, and sent this via at(1).