Re: Tagged parameters

On 2023-08-15 10:40, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2023, at 11:16 AM, Ray Andrews wrote:
I dream of a manual that is designed to inform the one seeking
information rather than display the knowledge of the writer to himself.
The contributors are trying their best.
Of course, and as I said, Peter just made what I'd call a small but exemplary improvement.
   Kindly keep your
passive-aggressive, condescending editorializing to yourself.

On the  contrary there's no aggression here and no condescension either.  The problem of manuals being written by people who are already experts is always hard to avoid.  Manuals must serve the person who is not already an expert and that's difficult because the minds are different.  If I was an expert I'd have the same issue.

But you are senior here and if my remarks are taken in a negative light then they will stop.  One seconder of your point of view and I'll never make another comment, positive or suggestive or negative.  Nothing I will every contribute is worth offending yourself,  you're too important.