Re: ls *.mp4 → ls : invalid option -- 'M'

On 2023-10-13 08:13, Peter Stephenson wrote:
So no, it's not up to zsh to do anything different, but yes, it is
up to zsh users on the mailing list to help out with questions like
this.

pws
I like it.  I have noticed objections in the past when a question was asked that was not strictly a zsh issue, but I myself prefer the broader goal of helping each other more generally.
you can argue whether shells should work like
this but it's way too late now.
Yeah, that's the honest answer, some things are now written in stone.  It would shut-up some of my own objections/questions too -- historical cultural precedents are sometimes too deep to change and that's the way it is.