Re: completion, sorting of options

On 2023-11-08 12:09, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Not likely to happen as it would mean a significant change to the deep
guts of _arguments.

Purely theoretically, is this the sort of thing where a hook might be  used?  I have only the most cursory understanding of hooks, but my minimal exposure to the idea leads me to think that zsh lets you sorta grab some output -- hook it -- and redirect it to some custom code which would do whatever one might want.  Or, in the spirit of precmd() it's very cool that one can very easily add any sort of code one wants in there.