Re: special characters in file names issue

On 2023-11-11 10:19, Bart Schaefer wrote:
But at least for me the presumption on -users is that an answer that works now is preferable to one that has to wait for the next version or use a local build.
Of course.  If existing functionality does the trick, no need to re-invent the wheel.  Dunno,  it's only the most general of questions but still, it could be that local ad hoc hacks would be something we might see now and again -- or, as you say, maybe that is happening, but just not on -users.  Back in my DOS days, given the limitations on memory, one would make specific modifications to the code to solve some local issue rather than try to build more functionality into the base code -- too much unaffordable bloat. Different culture for different OS.