Re: set temporary environment variables for builtins

On Sat, Dec 16, 2023, at 2:48 PM, Clinton Bunch wrote:
> Still wondering why the standard syntax for setting a temporary
> environment variable doesn't work for builtins.

It does work, in general.

	% print -P '%D{%B}'
	December
	% LC_TIME=fr_FR.UTF-8 print -P '%D{%B}'
	décembre
	% print -r -- $LC_TIME

	%

> I don't think I'm unusual in expecting this to work:
>
> TZ=Europe/Paris print -P '%D{%z}'

The issue might be unique to TZ or TZ + print, but I'll defer to
someone who actually has a clue (or has time to unearth one).

--
vq