Re: Supporting %F{...} and %K{...} in Zsh 4.x

On 12/17/23 14:02, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
How would you write your .zshrc if the only version of zsh that it had to support was 4.2.5? Once you figure that out, you are done, for this config will very likely work with any zsh version past 4.2.5.

The config was created in contemporary 5.x Zsh and taken backwards.

I'll have to test a lot more things to see if everything else is compatible.

I really prefer using the color names with %F{...} and %K{...} and dislike using the terminal control codes as they are annoying to work with an maintain.

I guess I could set the color codes in variables and use the variables.

P.S.

Don't export PROMPT or any other internal zsh parameters.

Please elaborate on this, particularly the down side of doing this.

--
Grant. . . .