Re: zmv exits from function

On Sat, Dec 30, 2023 at 1:02 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2023-12-30 12:38, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > Arguably zmv could use null_glob.  Thoughts from -workers?
>
> That's that option that makes everything grind to a halt if nothing if found?

No, you're thinking of nomatch, which as I said is already in effect
and causing the result that you see.  The null_glob option supersedes
no_match and makes globs that don't match anything disappear without
an error.  This is in contrast to the no_nomatch option which leaves
the glob un-expanded but does not remove it.  Setting null_glob
globally can be dangerous because it can leave a command with no
arguments at all or with its arguments in a different order than
expected.

> Think I recall that " (N) " setting to cope with it?

The (N) glob qualifier turns ON null_glob to override no_match, yes.
That's the suggested amendment to zmv for which I'm asking -workers
opinion.