Re: new zsh mailing list up and running

>> Richard Coleman(RC) wrote on Wed, 17 May 1995 22:04:00 -0400:
RC> I use (and highly recommend) procmail. If it helps anyone, I'll
RC> attach the procmail recipes I'm using to filter the new zsh
RC> mailing lists.
Thanks!

I know this is not a zsh question, but...

I've never used it (procmail) before -- I've been using elm's filter(1) --
but this looks much more flexible and powerful. I've skimmed through the
man pages, and I think I understand what you're doing below except for:

RC> ########################
RC> :0 w: zsh-announce/$LOCKEXT
RC> | rcvstore +zsh-announce              <<<<----

RC> :0 w: zsh-users/$LOCKEXT
RC> | rcvstore +zsh-users

RC> :0 w: zsh-workers/$LOCKEXT
RC> | rcvstore +zsh-workers
RC> #########################

I gather you're filtering the mail through some external program (rcvstore)
we don't have. Why? If you have time, can you explain a bit more what the
above recipe accomplishes?

Also, in contrast to zsh-list, SmartList doesn't appear to provide a `Reply-To:'
header. Consequently, replies not go to the author and not to the
list. There was some lengthy discussion a while back about whether `Reply-To:'
should be set, and if so what it should be set to. The consensus was to
include it, and to set it to zsh-list. Do you not want to do this, or is
there another way?

  -mb-