Re: still bugs with 8-bit chars :-(

Carlos Carvalho wrote:

> The problem with accented chars still exist, and this time also in
> completion. If you try to complete the file "revalida\347\343o.tex"
> (the \??? are the ascii spelling of the octal codes) it starts to
> complete all files in the directory.
>
> If you type the name directly such as in "tex revalida\347\343o.tex",
> zsh cuts it before the first accented char, and thinks that "o.tex" is
> another command.
>
> This is after applying Peter's patch.

This works for me with 2.6-beta11-test9-hzoli11.  2.6-beta11-test9 should also
work.

However, Peter's patch is not perfect, since it uses a cast from char to
unsignec char, which is broken with some compilers.  Here is a fix for that.
If you have a buggy compiler, this may be your problem.

Bye,
  Zoltan

*** 1.2	1995/10/10 18:20:38
--- Src/input.c	1995/10/17 14:57:56
***************
*** 109,115 ****
  	if (inbufleft) {
  	    inbufleft--;
  	    inbufct--;
! 	    return lastc = (int)(unsigned char)*inbufptr++;
  	}
  	/*
  	 * No characters in input buffer.
--- 109,115 ----
  	if (inbufleft) {
  	    inbufleft--;
  	    inbufct--;
! 	    return lastc = STOUC(*inbufptr++);
  	}
  	/*
  	 * No characters in input buffer.