Re: TERM setting influences `case' reserved word

Zvi Har'El wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am using zsh 2.6-beta10, with history patches in archive/337 and 376.
> I compiled it with gnu termcap 1.3 and gcc 2.7.0 on a sparcstation running
> SunOS 4.1.3. I have a very surprizing problem. Certain settings of the TERM
> environment variable make the `case' reserved word change its behaviour, and a
> statment lime `case $i in' yields `command not found: case'. For example,
> TERM=xterms produces the problem, while TERM=xterm and TERM=xterm24 do not!

A while ago someone reported that some systems has a bug in the termcap
library which causes problems when a termcap entry is longer that 1024 bytes.
It may be possible that you have such a problem.  I tried this on a SunOS
4.1.3 machine and I was unable to reproduce it.

Cheers,

   Zoltan