zsh-2.6-beta11 bug on HP-UX

Hi,
I compiled zsh-2.6-beta11 on a HP-UX machine. Here is some configure output :
checking host system type... hppa1.1-hp-bsd
checking POSIX termios... no
checking TIOCGWINSZ in sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/ptem.h... no

It compiled well on gcc version 2.5.8.

But when I run it,

fast:zsh-2.6-beta11> Src/zsh

[1]  + Suspended (tty input)         Src/zsh
fast:zsh-2.6-beta11> fg
Src/zsh

[1]  + Suspended (tty input)         Src/zsh
fast:zsh-2.6-beta11>

It immediately gets suspended for tty input. I encountered this problem with
zsh-2.6-beta10 also and reported it to Richard Coleman. He said it might be
because zsh switched to using POSIX signals and HP-UX might have a bug in POSIX
signal handling code.

Could you please look into this and give me a workaround?

Thank you,
- Sai.