how can I skip globbing through SCCS subdirs?

[ Please copy me on any replies - I'm not on this alias ]

I'm using extendedglob.  How can I match all .c files in all
subdirectories, _except_ any SCCS subdirectories?

ls **~SCCS/*.c

I tried the above, but it only omits the SCCS directory in the toplevel
directory, but still lists all .c files in all SCCS subdirs.

Thanks,

    --- John.

[ Please copy me on any replies - I'm not on this alias ]

Ps. Is there a newsgroup for this alias?