Configuring zsh - -3.0-pre4 under SGI/Irix

Hi,

Configuring zsh-3.0-pre4 (and others) under SGI/Irix fails when using
gcc als C compiler:

./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
configuring for zsh 3.0-pre4
checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix5.3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for working const... no
checking whether cross-compiling... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... no
checking for function prototypes... no
checking size of long... configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling

When  n o t  using gcc, but cc for configuring, that means:

CC=cc ./configure

then all runs without problems

| Joachim Backes                             phone: +49-631-205-2438  |
| University of Kaiserslautern               fax:   +49-631-205-3056  |
| Computer Center                                                     |
| Supercomputer division                                              |
| P.O. Box 3049                                                       |
| D-67653 Kaiserslautern                                              |
| Germany                                                             |
| E-Mail:  backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                      |
| WWW:     http://sgi400.rhrk.uni-kl.de/home/mitarbeiter/backes.html  |