Re: 3.0-pre6 expansion bug

On Aug 7, 10:57am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: 3.0-pre6 expansion bug
}
} > Attempt to inungetc() at start of input.
}
} I've handled this as a special case:  the character is itself pushed
} onto the stack for rereading.  This doesn't happen very often ---
} judging by the lack of previous bug reports --- so this should be fine.

I've always wondered why inungetc() didn't just do that all along.

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: