Re: hist_strip_spaces (was Re: histignoredups done properly)

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Wayne Davison wrote:

> Peter Stephenson writes:
> > This fixes histignoredups so that only lines which are really
> > different are stored; insignificant changes in whitespace are not
> > treated as differences.

[ snipped ]

> Since it may be that not everyone will want this, I made it depend on a
> new option, HIST_STRIP_SPACES.  I haven't modified the documentation yet,
> however.

The idea is really nice. Here is another one:

I often find itself in a position, where I use several command in a loop;
e.g. (simplified)

% vi
% cc
% ./a.out

or like. What about "HIST_IGNORE_ALL_DUPS" option, which would keep only
globally unique command line? It would be very easy to add this (now it
shold probably be combined with strip_spaces as well).

Any comments?

greetings

Andrej Borsenkow 		Fax:   +7 (095) 252 01 05
SNI ITS Moscow			Tel:   +7 (095) 252 13 88

NERV:  borsenkow.msk		E-Mail: borsenkow.msk@xxxxxx