Re: zsh bug?

On Aug 15,  1:10pm, Tom Kaczmarski wrote:
> Subject: zsh bug?
> When I run the following command:
>
> ping -s www.americanexpress.com
>
> the child zsh dumps core and reports a fragmentation error.
>
> To my knowledge, this only happens with this particular address.
>
> This happens on both Solaris 2.5i SPARC version, and SunOS 4.1.3_U1.  I also
> tried to replicate this error on an AIX box, but ping takes a little
> different flags.  I wish I had access to another OS to verify that
> behavior.  Could someone try it on a different OS like Irix, OSF, HP-UX,
> BSD, and Linux?

I tried it on an OSF box. The error I got was:

        ping: illegal packet size

When I try in using ZSH 2.6-beta16 on SunOS 4.1.3 (not _U1), I only get:

        zsh: segmentation fault  ping -s www.americanexpress.com

Brian

--
Brian Dockter   (KC7JZL)         | Email: brian@xxxxxxx
Sr. Software Engineer            | Voice: 206-524-0014