Re: zsh: future and loadable modules

> It needn't be too hard.  Consider fvwm2 and Perl; both use loadable
> modules to excellent effect.  In particular, Perl's extension system
> is easy to use and very powerful.

fvwm2 (unless it's changed since the last version I got) spawns
modules and communicates with them using pipes.  It works just fine
for fvwm, but I suspect it would have limited use in zsh.

Tcl7.5 is another example worth looking at: it does dynamic loading on
a few systems, and has autoconf support for it.