Re: Handling for ZLE modules

> And if anyone's counting, I, too, favour the name `zmodload'.
>
> -zefram
>
> (Own up, how many of us are planning how to implement autoloaded modules?)

Well, of course modules should be autoloaded!  More generally, are
people making sure that this mechanism is nice on machines which can't
do autoloading?  i.e., are the modules written in such a way that they
can be statically linked too?

I note in passing that Tcl7.5 and above also have dynamic loading,
complete with autoconf support.  It's not as portable as Perl's, I
think, but it may be easier to follow and adapt for zsh.  (ksh93 is
also an obvious model to copy, although we don't have source to that.
It would presumably be nice to allow people to load ksh93 modules into
zsh, if that's feasible.)