Re: 3.1.0-test3: gcc -ansi -pedantic

Peter Stephenson wrote:
> bin_read() (2) the function casts in module.c (3) the variable-sized
> arrays in subst.c (which only affects gcc anyway).  The IRIX

Perhaps it would be best to write a configure check to test wether the
compiler supports variable-sized arrays.  In subst.c the code is much more
efficient with variable-sized arrays that's why I added this hack.  And
when you sort a long list it may cause noticable speed difference (or maybe
not in that case since halloc is really fast, but that consumes lot of heap
memory).

Zoltan