Re: local variable setting problem/bug

Zoltan Hidvegi (hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
> > Couldn't zsh check its recursion depth?  It shouldn't be too hard to
> > implement, and would be a win in these cases.
>
> That was already discussed some time ago.  The problem is that one may want
> to use recursive functions on purpose and an artificial limit is
> undesirable here.

Of course.  But the artificial limit can be set quite high, so that it
server _only_ to prevent core dumps.  E.g. XEmacs has max-specpdl-size
set to 3000.  I suppose it could be easy to add an ulimit-like
mechanism to control this value.

What do you think of that?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@xxxxxxx> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia