Re: fifo configure check

On Dec 13,  3:30am, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: fifo configure check
}
} I discovered that fifo test fails if zsh is compiled in an NFS mounted
} directory.  The patch below shoud fix it (it's only for configure.in, you
} need autoconf).  I did not test it but it should work.
}
}   #ifdef HAVE_MKFIFO
} !     if(mkfifo("/tmp/conftestfifo", 0600) < 0)
}   #else
} !     if(mknod("/tmp/conftestfifo", 0010600, 0) < 0)
}   #endif

I'm concerned that fifos won't work on the ramdisk file system that many
newer suns are configured to use for /tmp.  (I know things like lockf()
fail on the ramdisk.)  Can someone who has a ramdisk /tmp please try this
soon and let us know?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern